Friday, December 13, 2013

Dating again

Reid here. 
One thing Angela and I do in Japan that we really didn't do very much in Little Rock is go out on "dates." Here, there are restaurants everywhere. Walk just a few short blocks and we're there. The places are small and usually pretty quiet. It's not uncommon for Angela and I to be the only ones there (besides the owner) for at least part of our meal.  Being so close to home makes it easier to leave the kids alone for that time. They'll be well-trained by the time we get back, and we can continue this in Little Rock. I'm definitely grateful for these times. 


The other night, we went out on a more fancy date where we dressed up and ate a nice dinner at a Christmas party for the Hiroshima International Women's Club.

The party was held at an Italian restaurant. The food presentation was very nice. Here's what the desert looked like. (I forgot to get pictures of the other courses.) 

Toward the end of the evening, someone thought it would be nice to sing some Silent Night together. The emcee asked if anyone would come up and sing. Roy Shore (Executive Director of RERF, and more importantly, in our church family here in Hiroshima), Akiko-san (a lady who sings in a local choir), and I went up.  I was glad to be up there with Roy singing about Jesus. And I'm glad I could be there with my lovely wife.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment